This is image is ‘Maritime Signals’ and it featured in the 2017 AddOn group photography exhibition. I’ve been participating in AddOn annually since 2012:
- Maritime Signals – AddOn group exhibition, 541 Art Space, Sydney, May 2018
- Tree, Sunset – AddOn group exhibition, Paddington Town Hall, Sydney, May 2017
- Red Petals – AddOn group exhibition, Festival Hub, Central, Broadway, Sydney, May 2016
- Stingrays – AddOn group exhibition, Depot 1 Gallery, Danks Street, Sydney, May 2015
- Canberra Winter – AddOn group exhibition, Depot 1 Gallery, Danks Street, Sydney, May 2014
- Approaching Storm – AddOn group exhibition, Mary Place Gallery, Sydney, May 2013
- Aquarium – AddOn group exhibition, Mary Place Gallery, Sydney, May 2012
AddOn is a satellite exhibtion of HeadOn, a large-scale, multi-venue photography exhibition.
Curated by Charles McKean and Moshe Rosenveig (the founder, creative director and lead curator of Head On Photo Festival), this satellite exhibition features the tagline ‘No names, no titles’.
In my photography, I like to focus on the ways in which colour, colour contrast and light-dark contrast attract attention, create focus and contribute to mood and ambience. I use an iPhone and Sony NEX-6 camera.
You can find out more about AddOn and the HeadOn Photo Festival at their website.