Colour | Design | Collective – Interventions with Purpose
The Colour Design Collective is a partnership that designs and installs colour design interventions and evidence-based colour strategies for interior and urban design.
The partnership brings together three award-winning creatives, each with extensive experience and expertise.
- Geoffrey Gifford, artist and designer – website and LinkedIn
- Melissa Ward, architect and designer – website and LinkedIn
- Zena O’Connor, designer and researcher – website and LinkedIn
The Colour Design Collective is currently working on project submissions including a Vivid Sydney proposal for the Art Gallery of NSW and colour design interventions for North Sydney CBD.
- Interior supergraphics to encourage engagement – commcercial, hospitality and healthcare environments
- Interior art and supergraphics to improve orientation and wayfinding
- Interventions with Purpose – urban art and supergraphics in the broader urban environment
- Evidence-based colour/contrast strategies for orientation, wayfinding and signage
Colour | Design | Award
The partnership is currently planning the launch of a Colour | Design | Award competition that will be open to all artists, designers and creatives who use colour in original, unusual and innovative ways. The competition will have several categories including the following:
- Artwork including paintings and stencil art
- Graphic design – including print media and packaging
- Interior design – residential, commerical, hospitality and healthcare
- Landscape design and urban design
- Website design and App design
Colour Talks! Seminars and Events
The partnership is currently developing a schedule for colour-focused seminars and events for creatives in design and advertising. For information about upcoming Colour Talks and Events, see @The.Colour.Collective on Instagram. Selected talks and events are held in conjunction with the Colour Society of Australia.